- What is the dress code?
- Business Casual or "Smart" Casual Attire. Jackets are not required,
though many people do wear them. Jeans are permitted as long as they are
neat. Baseball caps are not permitted.
- Do you have a liquor license?
Yes, we have a full bar with a full wine
list [pdf] including more than fifteen varieties of draft and bottle
beers, including our own Shanghai Jazz® Ale.
- Do you charge a music cover?
- No. There is no music charge for world class live music at Shanghai Jazz, except for Special Events. There are food and drink minimums ranging from $15 to $35 per person (not including tax and gratuity) depending on the day and show. The only time there may be a music cover charge is during Special Events.
Food and Drink Minimums
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursday, Sundays: $20/person food and drink minimum (not including tax & gratuity)*
Fridays: $25/person food and drink minimum (not including tax & gratuity)*
Saturdays: $35 per person minimum (not including tax & gratuity)*
*Unless otherwise noted
- I see you have two seatings on Friday and Saturday nights. How does this work?
There are two dinner seatings on these nights. For Fridays, please choose either 6:30 or 8:35 and on Saturdays, please choose either 6:15 or 8:35 for your requested reservation time.
Once seated, you order dinner and the live music performance begins at about 7pm for the early seating, and at about 9:15 for the second seating. These start times for the live show are approximations only and subject to changes beyond our control.
These seating times may be adjusted during the summer, so please always check our music calendar page for the latest updates.
- Do I need a reservation?
- Yes. Reservations are required for most weekends and special events, and always strongly recommended no matter what the night.
For Reservation Requests:
By Tel: 973.822.2899 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following Info:
1. Name and Contact Tel (mobile is best)
2. Date of Show and Requested Reservation Time for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday
Requested Seating Time for Fridays (Choose either 6:30 or 8:35 ) and Saturdays (Choose either 6:15 or 8:35/8:40)
3. Number of people
Please note you will need to receive a confirmation email or call from us for any reservation request by email or voicemail.
And once you have a confirmed reservation...Please always contact us if your plans change and you need to cancel or adjust the headcount. This courtesy from our guests permits us to continue to present world class live music with no music charge.
- What credit cards do you accept?
- All major credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club,
Do you have a private room?
Yes, we have a private room with
fireplace and bar which is perfect for corporate functions and special
occasions. We also have semi-private areas in the main room and we can host
cocktail parties in the main bar as well. For information on private
parties and tasting menus for Corporate Events, Birthdays, Anniversaries,
Weddings and Rehearsal Dinners, please email us at email@example.com.
- Do you have gift certificates?
A Shanghai Jazz® Gift Certificate. Simple and Sophisticated Gift Giving for
an Experience they will treasure at One of the Top 100 Great Jazz Clubs in
the World. Available in Any Amount. Click here for
- What do you do for birthdays and anniversaries?
- We have a Special Birthday or Anniversary Celebration Dessert Sampler featuring our signature desserts served on an impressive dessert platter with sparkling candles.
- You may reserve a celebration dessert sampler at time of reservation, or by telling the host or server when you arrive. It’s a great way to surprise the Birthday VIP or your Sweetheart with a special dessert created especially for you.
- We have a full dessert menu featuring such American classics as warm brownie sundae, cheesecake, profiteroles, almond cake, Italian style olive oil cake, seasonal specials, ice cream and sorbets, and other sweets, including gluten free options.
- There is a carry-in dessert charge for all outside desserts.
- Do you have Take-out? Catering?
Yes! Click here for a printable take-out
- What days are you open?
We are open every day for dinner except Monday. We do on occasion open for
large groups on a Monday under special circumstances. You can see our hours
- Are you open for lunch?
We are open for private events only. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I see videos of the live performances?
Of course! We have a YouTube Channel
featuring videos of Grammy winners and legends and stars on the rise.